Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunset

I love this sunset picture. This is taken at Camiguen Island during the Boys Scout Encampment. I just copied this picture from a colleague .

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand 
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame 
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name 
Mother of exiles. 
 

Emma Lazarus

When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,

my soul expands in worship of the Creator.

Indira Gandhi (1917 - 1984)

How fine has the day been! how bright was the sun, How lovely and joyful the course that he run! Though he rose in a mist when his race he begun, And there followed some droppings of rain: But now the fair traveller's come to the west, His rays are all gold, and his beauties are best; He paints the skies gay as he sinks to his rest, And foretells a bright rising again. 


Isaac Watts


The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.

-Pamela Hansford Johnson


"Every time you wake up and ask yourself, "What good things am I going to do today?", remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it."

 "Indian Proverb"


2 comments:

Marsha said...

Marianne,
You posted a comment to my blog about a month ago. Just wanted to say thank you for the words of encouragement! My first comments ;-) I'm back up and posting. Thanks again...I love your sunset post.

Marsha

Sailin Gudhka said...

Gr8 photos.

Post a Comment

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...