Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Piggy-Bank-Which-Is-Not-Really-A-Pig

My piggy bank… but it’s not a pig! Yup! You’re right…. I don’t know the right term, so I will call it piggy-bank-which-is-not-really-a-pig (LOL). Anyway it has the same purpose – SAVING MONEY!!!!



The head is actually a coconut shell. The coconut plant, about 2 feet high, was uprooted. According to my father, it’s easier to get the flesh inside the coconut when it was already growing since its flesh is already dry.
.


This is my first attempt to beautify the coconut shell. And I find it very bland.
.


So I decided to add some decorations. One thing that is lacking is its stand.


My sister suggested putting it on a jar, and turning the shell into upside down, so that the coconut shell will look like a head with an eye and mouth on it. So to maintain the ethnicity of my piggy-bank-which-is-not-really-a-pig, I rapped the body with an abacca rope.
And… wow I love it!!!!
.
.


Anyway, do you have any suggestion to rename my piggy-bank-which-is-not-really-a-pig? Feel free to leave comments.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow these are so lovely - just fabulous creations. Even a glimpse at your works was enough to warm my heart- Thank you for the day your art gifted to me.

Duni said...

Hey - that is so cool! You're very talented!

Yannie said...

Thanks a lot!!!! I'm glad you like it.

Post a Comment

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...